Thursday, 5 December 2013

Is it possible to vary the original Disqualification Undertaking by agreement?

The answer is No.

It is not possible for a Disqualification Undertaking to be discharged or varied by agreement between the parties. It has to be something ratified by the Court and the Secretary of State has no discretion to authorise this, even if he agrees with the reduction sought.